I am not sure about you, but I am much more likely to do something if it is planned and wrote on a list. I do this at work, while I am grocery shopping, ect...I live by lists.
So, after a meltdown last week, something had to give. I don't want to be that nagging wife or mom, but I also want respect from my children and help from my husband. You follow?
I spent a few minutes organizing a schedule our family will follow. I made a nightly schedule that gave us time slots for each activity so we don't get off track. I also made a cleaning schedule. Yours obviously will be different, I'm sure, to better fit your needs and family. But I can tell you, my life has been so much better since this has started! More things get accomplished each night, the girls know what to expect, and I am a much happier person. And we all know when mom is happy, everyone is. Just like when mom has a meltdown, everyone in the house will know! (And if they don't, I will be sure to let them know!)
Here is our plan. I printed this out and wrote what room on what night. Ever since then, it has been hanging on my refrigerator. Keep in mind, each night we just do a quick pick up of the whole house. We can complete each room in about 30 minutes or less.
Monday is the kitchen and dining room:
- Clean trash can
- Wipe down counters and cabinets
- Clean out fridge
- Wipe down fridge shelves
- Clean top of fridge
- Clean inside of microwave
- Wipe down table and chairs very well.
- Find kitchen clutter a home ;)
- Put away all clutter.
- Clean all wooden and glass shelves along with all the mirrors.
- Wipe down television.
- Clean toilets, vanities and showers.
- Wipe down dresser, headboards and nightstands.
- Organize closets and drawers.
- Put away clutter.
- Sweep floor.
- General pickup.
- Same as girls' room.
- Wash sheets
We also have a nightly to do list...these things must be done every night or this mama will go crazy!
- Do dishes.
- Sweep the kitchen.
- At least one load of laundry.
- Wipe down counters in kitchen.
- Get clothes laid out for tomorrow and pack lunches.
- Other things I cannot think of right now.
I hope you can get some use out of this!