"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Another weekend...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Another weekend...

The main purpose of this post is to tell you that I made homemade Hot Pockets! It took a while, as in hours, due to waiting for the bread to do it's thing, but they are worth it! I made around 20 of them and individually froze them for quick breakfast in the morning for MJ. I used whole wheat flour and added wheat germ to them and you can't even tell. I love it when I sneak stuff in food!

After I made them and was trying it out, I realized I could put just about anything in them! I could do pizza ones, broccoli and cheese...etc. I plan on making a ton of them next time to try it out.

Sunday we headed to shop early! We was at Walgreen's by 10:00, then it was off to JCPenny for a kitchen cart (in black). Our rental house is much smaller than our old house. My kitchen is about half the size of my old one and I finally found a stand that I liked and had storage, plus I can put my microwave on it. Even though it is not my first pick style wise, it will work for now. We made a quick stop at Lowe's after that and then headed home. I thought I might get a nap, but it just didn't happen. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Now on with my Monday...ugh!

3 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

what a cute blog! I couldn't help but click when I saw the title-- I have three sisters myself and a step-dad who welcomed all four of us (plus my mom, of course!) into his life.

Homemade hot pockets?!?! What a great idea! You're right, so many possibilities! I like your idea of making a bunch and freezing them... perfect for a quick meal!

Anonymous said...

Dad told me about the hot pockets...said they were good!! IM may get lucky and have the time one wknd to try n make them. As to everyone else...The Bruschetta Chix was awesomely(if this isnt a word i just made it one) amazing! ON my top 3 list of fav foods now!!

SarahHub said...

Oh, you are good! Who would have thought of homemade hot pockets! You win the award!

ShareThis