"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Cutting Back

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cutting Back

Last night I had Titus 2. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what this is, I will explain it. Titus 2 is a ministry at our church which encourages women to help other women be what the Bible wants us to be. It is based off of this scripture found in Titus 2:4-5

"that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands..."

I have learned many different things through this and I know I have much more to learn.

We received a book last night, Created to be His Help Meet. The book focuses on helping you to become the wife God designed you to be. I am so excited to start reading it!

I know how God wants us to prioritize: husbands, children, home, and finally any extra activities we would like. I feel like with everyone going on, I am failing at this. I have decided that after this school year is over, we will take a break from all the extras. I know this will help me be a better wife and mother. We might start ballet up in the fall, but I will deal with that once I get there.

It is almost like a catch 22. I want the world for my children so we do things at church, we have ballet, etc. But at the same time, I lose focus on my home and most importantly, Jeremy. I emotionally and physically suffer from it as well. In this book, it talks about how your husbands likes to come home to a happy, energetic, and most of all, joyful wife. Now that I have thought about it, evenings at our home go a lot more smoothly if the girls are happy, everything is picked up, and so on. I am hoping to become this joyful wife, similar to this! (Ha! Ha!)

In all seriousness, I hope and pray this book will help me to realize my purpose as a wife.. And for the record, our marriage is fine...but like all relationships, we are not perfect.

No comments:

ShareThis