"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Packed in like sardines

Monday, October 12, 2009

Packed in like sardines

Friday was the only few hours this weekend that I was not organizing my girls room, cleaning or partaking in adult festivities.

We order in food and I caught up on some online stuff while loafing on the couch. It was a perfect Friday night if you ask me.

Saturday, I woke up in one of those moods. You know the ones where you have had enough with full to the brim closets and laundry rooms and something has got to be done about it. So I started the laundry room.

We had friends over that night and went to bed way to late...think anywhere from 3:00-6:00 AM. I woke up feeling okay (I didn't drink anything but Diet Coke) but considering I had about four hours of sleep, I was a bit groggy. I blared the radio and started in on round two...

I bought these bags on Saturday that I can store the girls' out of season clothes in. Our closets are smaller than we are used to but they all have great storage room...just not hanger room. Make sense? Sunday morning, I went through their closets and folded, trashed and gave away clothes galore! Now the closet can breathe and I am not so grumpy when I am trying to put away clothes. I organize closets by color and it was driving me bonkers when I could barely squeeze another shirt in it!

About 1:00 that afternoon I went to help a friend get her nursery together. Oh. My. Goodness. I am in love with baby clothes! We washed about four loads of laundry and organized the room. So precious, I tell ya! Babies are the most darling things!

I came home from her house about 8:30 last night and finished up the girls' closets. Since the bug guy was coming today, I had to do a quick clean. "Quick" turns into an hour and a half when you have kids. But it is done and I can move on.

Tonight, I am going through my closet before class. That my internets, is a mess! Although it is color organized, it is still a black hole. What can I say?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow you were super productive!!

ShareThis