"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Works for me Wednesday: Not so sloppy Sloppy Joes (edited)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Works for me Wednesday: Not so sloppy Sloppy Joes (edited)

(Edited: I obviously don't enjoy it when my kids are dirty. I like them clean, but I understand kids will be kids and I am trying to let loose and let them play in dirt for a change. After I read this, I thought it sounded like I never bathe my kids so I wanted to clarify.)

Don't get me wrong...it does not bother me if my kids are dirty. I don't like them to be dirty when we go out in public, but if we are outside playing, I am all for it. Maybe not with food though...

I figured this out on a night just like that. We were all outside on the patio just hanging out. I went it to make Sloppy Joes and saw that we were out of buns. We did have hot dog buns though...good enough. I left the part of the bun that is attached together and filled up the bun.

Brilliant! Why did I not think of this before? The girls ate it like a chili topped dog - leaving it facing upwards. Voila! No mess! Plus it was easier for them to eat because it did not fall apart and go over the side. It will be our new way to eat them.

It works for me!

(Image via.)

1 comment:

Mom to 3 QT's said...

Love this idea!! I always have the sloppy joe problem and this solves it. I hate food stains on clothes.

ShareThis