"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Open wide.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Open wide.

On Thursday, the girls (plus a friend of Macie's) made a little trip to the orthodontist.

First, I would just like to say how odd it is to me that they start ortho work so early now. I have never had braces or any work on my teeth besides what the dentist does, but looking back, both my sisters did not have braces and all that jazz until high school.


And here, Macie is going to be in the second grade.


Anyways, we show up and the place is awesome! Very kid friendly and big! Love it already. We get back to the private room and I start taking a few pictures, with you in mind.


Macie and her BF talking...



Notice how her friend is holding her hand. Just last week, her friend, who we shall call M, got an expander so she is familiar with the whole procedure. She is giving her tips and trying to calm Macie’s nerves…so sweet.


A few minutes into it, Zoa started getting restless and a bit upset.


So I opened a new app on my phone for her to play with (so cool!). About this time, the doctor came in. Little did I know, Zoa had started snapping pictures. I have deleted about 15 or so pictures but thought I would show you a few. Be prepared, these are high quality...


Peeping out the window...







The orthodontist said Macie would need a palette expander and possibly a lip bumper. We go back in a few weeks. How much fun this will be! (Hear the sarcastic tone?)

Enjoy the weekend!


"As much as I'd like to meet the tooth fairy on an evening walk,
I really don't believe it can happen."

--Chris Van Allsburg

2 comments:

Whitney @ I'm Lovin This Life said...

Oh how I adore those girls. They always put a smile on my face!

April said...

So where is she going? I think that pic of her friend comfoting her is sooo sweet!!!!!

ShareThis