"" Three Ladies and a Dad: How Do I....? (Part 1)

Monday, October 20, 2008

How Do I....? (Part 1)

I have been asked how I became a product tester. There are many agencies and organizations out there that are more than willing to let you try their product. Most of the time, all you have to do is write a review on it. I will lists the companies I am familiar with, but please mind you, I am still relatively new to this and I am learning as well.

I will start with some of the most simple ones and build off of those. I am also going to list some companies that pay me to do surveys. Some of the links provided will be referral links. Although I would appreciate being 'compensated' for sharing these companies with you through referral links, please know you do not have to use them.

The following are some simple survey sites I have found around the internet. I started with MyPoints, which I have shared with you before. MyPoints is a company that sends you e-mails containing advertisements. If you click the little button on the bottom, you can either learn more about the company and possibly purchase something. Or, you can click 'No, thanks.' Even if you click No Thanks, you still will be credited 5 points. If you plan to do online shopping, you can do it through their website and earn points for every dollar you spend at one of their participating partners. You also get points for printing coupons, playing games and taking surveys. The link I have provided is not a referral link, but if you would like a referral e-mail, you can e-mail me and I will send you an invitation. Once you build up enough points, you can redeem them for free gift cards to different merchants. (If you are interested, you can learn more about MyPoints here.)

My Survey is one that will send you periodic surveys to complete for points. The surveys take no more than about minutes minutes on average. Most surveys are ten points. Once you reach 1000 points you can redeem them for a $10.00 check, $10.00 contribution to one of their listed charities, or you can purchase something in their online store. So far, I have received $50.00 from My Survey. You can sign up for My Survey here.


BzzAgent is an online product testing website. They will send you various e-mail campaigns which you will be asked if you would like to participate in. I just completed my first campaign on Smucker's Uncrustables and received a coupon for a free four-pack of Smucher's Uncrustables, plus several $.75 coupons to share with friends and family. The main goal of BzzAgent is word of mouth advertising and it helps if you talk to many people per day to share your experience with a particular product. They will send you a product or a coupon for a free product. You are then able to try the product and tell people , your thoughts about it, as well as review it on BzzAgent. You can sign up for BzzAgent here.

MomSelect is an online program that reaches out to mom's for their opinions on various programs. Whether it be product review, survey, blogger mixers or an in-home party, MomSelect values your opinion. I am still learning a bit about this company, but I have a feeling after this Sunday, I will know them a lot more than I do now. Details on that to follow. You can register for MomSelect here.

This is taking a lot longer than expected. There will be another post detailing more companies I am involved with so come back, ya here?

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

ShareThis