"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Shopping Spree

Friday, May 2, 2008

Shopping Spree

A few weeks ago, we bought PX90. (You can read reviews here.) Jeremy has been trying to get me to do it with him - everyone knows if you are on any sort of plan, it is nice to have a partner for accountability.

He told me last night if I start on Monday with him, I get to go on a $??? shopping spree. But, that means I have to go to bed around 8:45 or 9:00 to get up at 5:00 a.m.

Remember, this girl does not do mornings. But for shopping, I will try anything.

To fully understand, let me tell you what works for us financially. Jeremy handles the money in our home. I get x amount of dollars a month that I spend on day to day purchases. It is what is allowed in our budget. Some people might find this a bit controlling on his part, but it works for us. I had to be put on a budget because I believe in retail therapy.

Catch my drift?

So, this really is a big deal for me because my shopping on myself has been limited because a few reasons:
One: The girls. Every mother knows that you rather go buy your kids something than yourself. It's just so dang cute and you don't have to worry if they will look fat in it.
Two: I am trying to be more submissive to him. Some of you may think that should not be the case since we are in the 21st century, but God was right. (Go figure!) It really does make for a happier relationship. I try to remember divorce usually happens for one of two reason - finances and, well, you know the other. This helps us stay on the right track. And if it is working, then why change it.

I am not going to say that it was the easiest thing for me. In fact, it was really hard. But once I adjusted, I found our relationship was benefiting from him being the final say in every single decision we make. This is a daily internal struggle within myself, but he does make the decisions and I want to keep it that way.

But back to the workout...

We are starting on Monday. We have to watch the video this weekend. I have six more pounds to go to get to my goal weight. Now, hopefully, I can just tone up. Age has started to take it's toll on how tone I am. Now, I am going to have to work at it.

I will let you know how it goes. I might take before an after pictures, for my own use only, but I am not sure if I am ready to be that traumatized yet.

Here's to coffee.

1 comment:

Jessica Morris said...

Haha, this makes me laugh :)
My husband would so pay me to work out with him too ;) It's just the motivation I would need!!
I am so excited to have this baby and to be able to start working out again - I know the hubby was looking into the program at one point for us to do together.

Let me know how it is after awhile!! :) If it's worth the bribery or not ;)

ShareThis