"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Just breathe....

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just breathe....

Yesterday afternoon, some pretty bad storms came through our area. I was on my way to pick up Zoa from day care, when I got a phone call.

Whitney: Where are you?

Myself: I am picking up Zoa, why?

Whitney: Mom wants you to come over because (insert city where I live) is getting hit with hail right now, along with a lot of wind. It is pretty bad up there.

Myself: What!? Okay, I will be there after I get Zoa.


Just as I was pulling into my parent's garage, the hail starting falling. It was not too bad there, but once I got home, we had shingles banging on our roof. I looked out on our deck. More shingles. There was not too much I could do at the time, as far as assessing the damage. Jeremy was not home yet and I was a little nervous about a tornado, plus both of the girls were asleeep. I refused to put them in their bedrooms, for fear of having to make a mad dash to the basement.

Come to find out, there was a F1 tornado abouyt 5-10 minutes from where I live. A little scary when you are home alone with 2 children under the age of 6.

Repairs are on the way. A tarp is over our roof now. The insurance adjuster is coming by tomorrow. (Cross your fingers.) Hopefully, we will not have any problems at that end.

On the flip side, I took the day off of work today. Jeremy and I did quite a bit shopping. I got a new purse...something I can always find! Jeremy got a lot of new clothes...which I can explain later. After lunch at Olive Garden (Yummy!), I went a got a manicure. My nails deperatley needed one and I mentally needed to unwind. It was a win - win.

Now I just have to get through Thursday and Friday.

No comments:

ShareThis