"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Christmas 2007

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

The last week or so has been busy, active, and crazy. Holidays = non stop hustle and bustle. I just couldn't get into the spirit this year. I was at first, but then it just dwindled down. Everything that is usually fun and exciting was just another thing on the to-do list. Something was definitely 'off' this year. I hope next year is better. But, in the end, it all turned out great!

Last week, Macie had her Christmas party for school. And me, being the great mother I am, (wink, wink) was the one in charge. We played a few games, which I have a great one if anyone needs ideas for next year, ate yummy treats and pizza, and had goody bags. I was stressing, as usual. The holidays for some reason crept up on me and I am a million things to do and little time to get it all done. But it got done! Miraculously, it always gets done. Thanks mom for your help!

Saturday morning, we woke up and started on our gingerbread house. I have always wanted to do one of these with the girls, but have never got around to actually buying a kit. There is no way I could hand make a house, so we got the kit. It was so much fun! I did the icing while the girls decorated it with the candy. It turned out really cute!

Jeremy took the girls to the mall for a while Monday afternoon so I could wrap presents. Here it was, Christmas Eve, and I hadn't even started. Whitney came up to help...thank you! We finished all of the gifts before the girls even walked in. Whew! One more thing I could check off the list.

We then went to my mom and dad's for Christmas Eve. Dinner was delicious - ham, pork chops, fresh green beans, brussel sprouts, crescent rolls, baby carrots, mashed potatoes, kettle beef...the list goes on and on! After stuffing our belly's, we opened gifts. The girls and Ethan came out like champs...Thanks mom and dad! Us girls got quite a bit also. Mom and Dad still spend the same amount, if not more, on us now as they did when were little. Plus the grand kids. You do too much! Thank you!

Christmas morning, we opened gifts at home. The girls came out again like champs! A blow up jump around thing, scooters, games, puzzles, Diego, baby dolls is among some of the toys Santa delivered. Then went to my grandma and pop's. A great time was had by all. It is always nice to just sit around and catch up with family you don't see as often as you like.

Then it was off for another Christmas celebration at Jeremy's mom and dad's. We ate some more, only this time it was fried chicken, swete potatoe casserole, corn, rolls, yummy cheese dip, and fresh veggies. Then talked some more and opened even more presents. They do way to much for us all as well! The kids love all of their toys! Our living room looks like the Wal-Mart toy isle exploded in it. Tonight, my mission is to open and organize their gifts. I am starting a 'trial run' of a new method for the toy room clean up time.





So that is all for now. I hope all of you had a memorable Christmas!

I apologize, this post was not very interesting or in depth, just wanted to jot down our holiday schedule while it was fresh on my mind.

Macie turns 6 on Friday...time for another letter! Stay tuned....

No comments:

ShareThis