"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Food!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Food!

This year, we are doing Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house. My mom plans on making a whole table full of food, complete with dressing, turkey, ham and chicken and dumplings (Count 'em, that's 4 entrees!) My sisters and I are bringing some sides. This recipe I received from a night group from church and it is delicious! I love it! Best of all, you only spend 15 minutes (!) making it. If you are a mom, you truly appreciate this. So, I thought I would share in case anyone needs an idea for their thanksgiving...

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Makes: 10 servings, one slice each

Turtle Pumpkin Pie- Recipe from Kraft
*1 c. milk
*1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping, divided
*1 Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
*1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. pecan pieces
*2 pkg. Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
*1 c. canned pumpkin
*1 tsp. ground cinnamon
*1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 large tub of Cool Whip , thawed and divided

Pour 1/4 c. caramel topping into the crust, sprinkle with 1/2 the pecans. Beat milk, dry pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with a whisk until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with remaining whipped topping, caramel topping and pecans just before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

(To help with all the sweets and calories, I will use Fat Free Cool whip and and fat free, sugar free Jell-O. I omitted the pecans.)

I will post a picture tomorrow evening.

No comments:

ShareThis