"" Three Ladies and a Dad: glass

Saturday, June 26, 2010

glass

After returning from Build-A-Bear Headquarters this week, which is a whole other post, Zoa started screaming and her the bottom of her foot was bleeding. After looking it over and doing the mom and dad thing, trying to calm her down, I realized that she had a piece of glass in it.

Crap. I needed the tweezers.

I got in position and Jeremy was taking on the duty of trying to calm her down while I got it out.

She was scared, understandably. And if you know Zoa, she does not get scared easily so I knew she must be terrified. Patiently, we talked to her, letting it know it was necessary it come out.

Luckily, I got it out on the second try.

After bandaging her up, Jeremy started to tell the story of how he knew from experience it was important to get the glass out.

He told us when he was a little boy, he somehow managed to get a piece of glass in the bottom of his toe while playing in the laundry room. The glass was not sticking out and very apparent, so it stayed in there for quite a few weeks before it made its way out on the top of his toe. He told Zoa that she is lucky we got it out, otherwise it would be very sore like his was.

Zoa then asked him why he was playing in the laundry room.

I wonder if she even heard the rest of the story.

2 comments:

gv said...

I'm with Zoa...why WAS he playing in the laundry room? Glad she's feeling better, she looks like a happy camper in that last photo.

MaricrisG said...

Brave Girl! WTG Dad and Mom :) - I agree the trip to #BABWConnect was truly wonderful to all of us and our family. It was great meeting you there!

Maricris

ShareThis