"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Without technology

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Without technology

My home computer is broken. It will not turn on at all...it just beeps. Hence the lack of posting. But, I am now at a computer and this is one of a few scheduled posts for the week.

I miss blogging. There are a few things going on but nothing major. I have made a new discovery about myself. But I will save that for another day.

I am loving the three day weekend! We have done quite a few things around the house but let me start by saying I have a black thumb...gardening does not come natural to me. Neither does planting flowers or anything of that nature.

But this weekend, it changed. Let me tell you...

  • Pulled all the weeds in front of the house...this took every minute of three hours.
  • Edged the sidewalk and the walkway to our house.
  • Pulled weeds in the back of our house around the patio.
  • Pressure washed half of our house.
  • Bought hastas to plant this week.
We worked all weekend! It felt great but once we sat own around 7:00, we were done. We could not do anything else. Exhausted.

But the sense of getting a lot of stuff accomplished was great..something to cross off our list. I am looking forward to next weekend when the project should be completed.

Oh, and my thumb is a pale shade of green now.

How was your weekend?

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
--Lou Erickson

No comments:

ShareThis