"" Three Ladies and a Dad: That's a lot of food!

Monday, January 19, 2009

That's a lot of food!

Ever since starting P90X, I have been so stinkin' hungry! All the time. As much as I love the Herbalife shakes, I am burning way too much energy for them to satisfy me right now.

I forgot about the Nutritional Guide that came with the program (duh!). I looked and figured out I was a Level One...which after picking and choosing my food, means I get...

Breakfast: 6 egg whites 1 c. strawberries & a protein drink
Snack: Protein Bar
Lunch: 3 oz. chicken breast & 2 c. spinach topped with 2 TBSP. Caesar dressing.
Snack: 1.5 oz. string cheese
Dinner: 6 oz. grill chicken and 1/2 c. brussel sprouts. I also get 8 oz. plain yogurt topped with 1 c. strawberries.
Snack: 3 oz. tuna & 12 crackers

Wow...I have not ate that much food in one day since I was in the 6th grade!

These foods are all part of a list. Depending on weight, you are classified as either a Level 1, 2 or 3. You get to pick your foods but they tell you how many proteins, dairy, snacks, veggies, carbs...etc. you get a day.

It seems like once I get the hang of it, it will be easy peasy and a true lifestyle change. Somethings gotta give...I am starving since starting this program. Now I know why...I should have been eating this much all along!

Also, this means our menu will change. I plan on doing everything on Sunday and Wednesday for Jeremy and I. Preparation is key...but I love to be in the kitchen so it works well. You will see our general dinner menu as always, plus mine and Jeremy's huge menu...if it does not take up so much room.

3 comments:

J said...

If you want to do a shake go with Whey Protein. It's the best for your body. It helps build muscle. I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast. 6ozs of milk, a scoop of whey protein and a couple handfulls of frozen fruit. Blend it all up and drink. YUM! It keeps me full most of the morning too.

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

Already got some ordered! I also add flaxseed and/or wheat germ to mine.

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I wish I had your will power! I just need a kick in the butt getting started and then someone on my tail or giving me crap all the time to stay at something like this!

ShareThis