"" Three Ladies and a Dad: The one where I would rather vacation.

Monday, December 22, 2008

The one where I would rather vacation.

This Christmas will be a bit different. The first year where my my parent's are not together. If it were up to me, I would do the un-Christmas Christmas. You know, a vacation. Right smack dab on Christmas Day. But, that is not possible with children and we will have to deal with it someday, so why not today?

Since things will be a bit different, Jeremy and I have decided to start a new tradition...the movies on Christmas! This will keep us a bit busy to where things are not too awkward. We plan on going to the afternoon show of Bedtime Stories. Hopefully, all four of us will enjoy it then we will move on to the evening festivities.

I still have Santa's presents to wrap and a few stocking stuffers to buy and I will be done! I am making some presents tonight for the grandparent's, great-grandparent's and Jeremy from the girls. It is so stinkin' cute and I will definitely let you in on the link after Christmas. Several family members read my blog, including some recipient's of the present so I can't go into detail. It will take a few hours to make and Jeremy works late tonight so it will work out prefect.

Our Christmas with our friends went great on Saturday. In fact, so great the kitchen was clean before I went to bed. (Who else despises waking up to a dirty kitchen?) We had a great time playing the Wii and just talking and relaxing. All of us agreed next year to do the same thing. Now we have to follow through...

That's that. Just a little update while I thought about it. In case I don't talk to you before the business of this weeks starts, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

J said...

I love your new tradition!!

Jessica said...

I hope You have a Merry Christmas Too :)

Ashley said...

I hope your day went good. Hang in there :)

ShareThis