"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Freebies and a little Q & A!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Freebies and a little Q & A!

Grab a free sample of Prilosec OTC, Pantene and Tide. This is offered from P&G.

Here is a free sample of Head and Shoulders.

Get a free book: Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country. This seems to be a pretty informative book on how to prepare for an earthquake. You can order more than one, which would be good to share with any teachers or family.

Free sample of EAS (Energy-Athletic-Strength) Protein Supplement

Even though they are not close here (St. Louis is the closest one to me), I love The Picture People! They are offering a free Child ID kit, along with a 4 x 7 photo. This is a coupon you take with you to get the picture made.

Someone asked me where I get my coupons. I buy the Sunday paper with the coupons in it each week. I also get leftover inserts from my work, usually about ten papers. Any 'hot' coupons, I buy off of Ebay. See this listing? Did you know that they have some of these wipes in the body wash area at Wal-mart for $1.64 for a 42 count pack? That is .14 a pack after the coupons. I am still saving a large amount of money even though I had to buy them. These wipes are great for keeping in your purse for washing sticky hands and faces. I have also donated some of them to Zoa's preschool, as they go through wipes like crazy and the director there has twins and a 2 year old in diapers.

And this listing? These are $.60 at Wal-Mart. I cannot tell you how many Powerade I have bought over the last month or so. Macie and Jeremy love it, and I buy the Powerade Zero, which has 0 calories. This last trip to Wal-Mart, I got 15 Powerade (10 with 10 $1.00 coupon, plus I had a coupon for Buy 10, Get 5 free. A total of 15 Powerade and they paid me $4.00 to get it all. My total if I bought just that would have been -$4.00! Crazy, huh?

You are not guaranteed overage, but Wal-Mart, or any store for that matter, will get their $1.00 back from the manufacturer so it should not be a major problem. (I have found it is easier to hand her all my coupons at the very end. Hope that helps.)

One more thing I have recently learned is that if you try to print a brick coupon, (the screen will look like this) and cannot print it, there is a help button on the bottom right of the screen. Press that and you can request it to come by mail. I have had to do this several times.

If you have not figured it out, the trick is to stock up when you can get it really cheap so you never have to buy it again at full price. Right now, if you only saw all the toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, razors (shout out Curious Cous!), body wash, V8 Fusions, Powerade, Peanuts...etc. we had, you would either laugh at me and think I am a hoarder or ask how I have saved $117.00 in one trip to Walgreens for shampoo and conditioner. I really should should take pictures and show you.

Speaking of which, if you got the paper on Sunday, there should have been a P & G insert. In that insert, there is $4/1 coupon for Gillette Fusion. Target has these on sale this week for $7.92. If you buy two, you get a $5.00 gift card. Use two $4/1 coupon and walk out with a $5.00 gift card and two razors for $8.xx.

The greatest thing of it all is it is still fun for me. Thankfully, we don't need to clip coupons to survive, but I love a good deal. I love saving money and coming home to tell Jeremy before coupons our total was $117.00 and after was $78.00. It is mind boggling, really.

Okay, that's enough for now. I hope this helps someone. Let me know if you have any more questions! Should we have a question and answer session? I would love to be able to help someone!

2 comments:

April said...

I LOVE buying the Sunday paper, St Louis Post, and sitting and clipping coupons. Sometimes Kacies helps me go through them and the she will take all the ones that I didnt want or need and use them for her pretend grocery shopping, its so cute!~ Oh and yes, it is easier if you wait til the end to hand them all the coupns.....otherwise it just sometimes confuses the grouchy, irritated cashiers! haha I dont know about you but I find it a little relaxing to sit and clip coupons every Sunday, it makes me feel good! Dylan used to laugh at me but now he goes through them after I am done and is amased and of course asks me about the savings EVRYTIME I go shopping! haha

April said...

Oh and we LOVE the V8 Fusions (acai berry is our favorite) and now I am all out of coupons :(

ShareThis