"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Zero, Zip, Nada, Nothing

Friday, April 4, 2008

Zero, Zip, Nada, Nothing

That has been what is going on this week. Besides the ordinary, we have had a regular week. No surprises, which is always nice.

The menu planning is going well. I have not stuck to the specific days, but we have had something off of the menu every night so far, with the exception of Wednesday night. Someone called, wanting to see our house after ballet, which would have put the girls not eating dinner until at least 7:00. They could not handle it.

Oh Kara...I just make my recipes up from stuff I know. Some are from myself, some are from my mom...etc. I usually alter each recipe to fit our needs. For example, always buy the low-fat kind or add spinach to everything. You cannot taste it at all. The more I cook, the more comfortable I am with it. I know if I don't have the exact amount, it will still turn out okay. I don't really use recipes.

As for a cake, I know diet soda is not the greatest thing, but you can omit oil and eggs in a store bought cake mix and add a can of diet soda instead. Bake the cake as you normally would. With chocolate cake, you add diet coke. With white cake, you can add any diet soda, but you might get a slight flavor from the soda with it. (White cake, diet root beer and vanilla icing is good. Diet Sprite with lemon icing is good too.)

That's all for now...have a good weekend.

No comments:

ShareThis