"" Three Ladies and a Dad: Earth Day 2008

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day 2008

I planned on writing this long, in depth post about my plans for Earth Day. Instead, this will have to do.

In the last six months or so, I have done the following:
---Started recycling
---Slowly switched the light bulbs to CFL's
---Use more natural light. We are lucky enough to have huge windows so this is easy!
---Bought organic foods
---Started my family on eating less red meat
---Always washed clothes on cold water
---Use reusable bags when shopping
---Switched 99% of household cleaners, including laundry detergent, to Method, Seventh Generation, or Mrs. Meyers

In the next six months, I want to do the following:
---Organize my recycling better, which I will do tonight
---Continue with the light bulbs until they are all replaced
---Start a organic garden, even if a small one
---Start shopping at my local farmer's market
---Re-adjust our budget to allow more organic, local foods. (Think coupons on everyday stuff!)
---Finish switching out my cleaning products
---Use less energy overall
---Eliminate all paper towels and start using cloth napkins
---Get Jeremy on this bandwagon with me!

I know that many people thinks that our impact is small, but in reality, the Earth will not be the same for future generations. Your great grandchildren! Check out this and this. These aren't the only facts sheets out there. Go look them up. It will astound you!

So, that's it. Go green with me!

No comments:

ShareThis